Tuesday, November 15, 2016

April 15, 1977

Last night Ann and I saw three one-act plays, which were all pieces of shit.

Ann was mad at me, because I had little good to say about the plays, whose themes were abortion, pregnancy, and bag ladies.

Later we visited the Davis sisters on Bleecker Street. It was Kyle's birthday. The sophomore got sick from drinking too much. I went home with Ann and in bed she said, "I've been thinking about your ultimatum."

She explained that she needed people around her from the theater and while I might satisfy her physical needs, my antipathy towards theater disturbs her. I said nothing, but decided to chill out on my views and help her however I can.

I slept in my jeans and tee-shirt.

Ann wore a night gown.

A sheet and our states of mind separated us.

I made no attempt to bridge the gap, but woke in the middle of the night, asking myself, "Why am I such an asshole?"

I couldn't only come up with the answer that I'm scared that Ann is lost to me. She seeks her freedom, which shouldn't be stifled. I returned to sleep.

Glad Ann is happy with her new life.

My feelings mean nothing.

someone wrote these words.

No comments:

Post a Comment