Wednesday, April 5, 2017

April 15, 1978

Last night Ann and I saw a series on one-act plays at the Ensemble Theater.

Teenage pregnancy, abortion, and bag ladies were the themes.

She was angry with my thinking that they were shit.

We went to visit the Davis girls on Bleecker Street.

It was Kyle's birthday, but she was sick from drinking.

Ann was still mad, but let me sleep over her place.

"I've decided on your ultimatum."

Ann needs theater people around her.

She wants me as I want her.

I tell her I'll cool out and help her however I can.

I fall asleep in my jeans, tee-shirt, and sox.

Ann is in her night gown.

The sheets separate our bodies.

We sleep, but I wake in the middle of the night covered in sweat, asking myself, "Why am I such an asshole?"

Only one answer.

I'm scared of losing Ann.

But stifling her freedom does neither of us any good.

No comments:

Post a Comment